Saturday, May 18, 2013

About me/Plans for Blog

Hey guys,

My name is Evan Boyd, and I am from LaGrange Park, Illinois. This Monday I will be starting my blog on the baseball season for 2013. It'll be the first time doing something like this, but don't worry, I know an unhealthy amount of baseball.

In two weeks I will graduate from my high school, then I will be going off to the University of Wisconsin-Madison to study math and statistics. I would love to be a sabermetrician when I get older, and don't really care what team I am with.

The reason why I am starting a blog is to give you more information on the 2013 season and how baseball works, things that you may never would have seen or know. I will give you the top picks that you might want to use for your fantasy team, or to learn more about what sabermetrics even is, and how it's not that complicated at all.

As of now I am putting up at 6 day schedule on what I will write each day. Details are below:



Monday: A look through the week
Tuesday: Sabermetric Fact
Wednesday: Surprising Player/Potential Player
Thursday: Moment in History
Friday: Hots/Nots (can be player or team)
Saturday: Power Rankings.

I would like to have a day off on Sunday, but come postseason time, I might be writing nonstop. These may deviate over time, but for now it's gonna be what each blog post is about.

So I hope you enjoy this, and I will start writing Monday, May 20th. If you have any questions or comments about anything, feel free to eamil me at statsbuddy42@gmail.com. Thanks a lot for reading, and I'll see you Monday.

-Evan Boyd

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is."       Bob Feller

No comments:

Post a Comment